Mrs Schenck - Mathematics
- Check your grades regularly through Skyward using your assigned username and password. If you need assistance with your login information, visit or call our attendance office (ext. 23908).
- Use Clever to access assignments in Schoology.
- Contact me to obtain online textbook information for this class.
- You can access your Office 365 account by clicking here, the username and password are the same as your computer login at school.
- For technology assistance email [email protected]
Mrs. Angela Schenck
Oakland High School
Email: [email protected]
Course Description: Integrated 3 emphasizes polynomial, rational and exponential expressions, equations, functions, logarithms, coordinate geometry, circles, trigonometric functions, and statistics skills. Students build upon previous knowledge of equations and inequalities to reason, solve, and represent equations and inequalities numerically and graphically. The student will take the TNReady assessment which counts 15% of the second semester grade.
- Be inside the classroom and seated before the bell stops ringing. If you are not in the classroom by the time that the bell stops ringing, you are tardy and must sign the tardy clipboard.
- Sit down at your desk, label your paper correctly, and begin by completing the Bell Work.
- Only drinks with a screw cap or a lid are allowed in class.
- Be ready to start class promptly. Do not wait for me to remind you to have seat or get out the necessary materials.
- Be courteous, considerate, cooperative and respectful of others.
- Do not hinder your learning or the learning of others. This means no excessive talking.
- Be attentive: listen and follow directions carefully.
- Helping other students in the class is great, letting them copy your work is not.
- Stay in your seat until the bell rings. (At no time may you line up at the door)
- Leave your area the way you found it. Do not mark on desks or other classroom items. Dispose of trash items in the waste basket.
- If you must be removed from the class because your behavior is disruptive, expect a written referral to your administrator.
- We will be working in this class and yes we are doing something every day.
- All school policies and rules will be enforced in this classroom.
- Cell phone usage is restricted to academic tasks (exception- stretch/rest breaks).
Most Important Expectation
Come to class with a positive attitude.
Other Necessary Yet Boring Info
Grades: Grades are determined by percentage (100%). Assignments/Classwork/Homework will be 10% of the average and quizzes/tests/projects will make up the other 90% of the average. Students are expected to check and keep up with their grades through Skyward. If you cannot access Skyward, please let me know and I will print out your grades for you.
1) You may retake any test or quiz to for a higher grade up to an 85%. In some instances, there will be retakes available for full credit (100%).
2) Remediation assignments must be completed with the teacher during PAT before retesting is allowed. Retesting must be completed in a timely manner. Retakes will be in tutoring after school or PAT Tuesdays.
- 2-3 inch 3-ring Binder with Loose Leaf Paper
- Graph Paper
- Pencils (no Pens)
- Calculator TI84 (PLUS) ***This is the suggested calculator for this course because it can be
used for end of course testing and ACT testing. ACT prohibits the use of All Texas Instruments beginning with TI-89, TI-92, and TI-Nspire CAS (the TI-Nspire, non-CAS, IS permitted).
- 1 Glue Stick
Absences and Tardies: If you have an excused absence, you are responsible for getting your missed work. Please check Schoology to find all makeup assignments and materials. You will have ONE WEEK to complete your make up work without it being considered late work. If an assignment is more than 2 weeks late, there will be an alternate assignment available (Student must ask teacher for that assignment).
If you are tardy to class, you must sign in on the tardy clipboard. If you have a note for being tardy come into the room quietly and put the note on my desk
Communication: Progress reports will be sent out mid-way through each quarter of the 9 weeks. These will need to be signed and returned back to me for a daily grade.
Hall Passes: Each student will be given 4 hall passes per a quarter. If you think you may need extra hall passes, please have your parent write me a note letting me know that there are special circumstances.
Electronic Device Policy: Students may be asked to use their cellphone or electronic device in class. Even though I feel that electronic devices are a powerful tool for learning, some restrictions will apply in my classroom.
- Students are not permitted to use or have on the desk their electronic device unless instructed by the teacher.
- Students are not permitted to take pictures or videos of any person in class, including themselves. This is for the protection of all students.
- Students may take pictures of academic related information and will be encouraged to do so.
- Students are not permitted to send or read text messages, browse social media, read non-academic material, play games or browse non-academic material online.
- If a student violates any of the restrictions-they will be warned once, then a parent will be contacted. Continual violations will be handled by the administration.
- ACT FOCUS PLEASE DO 1-18 and Time yourself according to the directions; then enter answers on microsoft forms!
- Enter your Answers into Microsoft Forms; Then continue to work on any problem you felt rushed to do or wanted more time;
- Day 2 , Tuesday I will post the answers so you can grade your work
- Then you will try and get the correct answer if you missed a problem
- e-mail me when you have corrected the problems you are able to correct
- I will send out the work for that portion of the ACT and if you still don't understand a problem please e-mail me and I will walk you through it.
- When completed there are Videos and Lessons on the Unit Circle
Watch this Video: Converting Degrees to Radians and Radians to Degrees
Complete the the assignment for Converting Degrees to Radians and Radians to Degree
Print this Unit Circle (if possible) and use it with the video Below Blank Unit Circle Blank Unit Circle
Fill in Your Unit Circle as You Watch these Video(s) Unit Circle Part 1 (Prerequisites, Degrees, Radians)
We will Do Unit Circle Game Every Day to See if You Improve Click on this Link Unit Circle Game
- Watch the Following Videos on Khan Academy
- USE THIS LINK FOR: Notes, Definitions, and Examples of Studies
- In Khan Academy take a Practice Test using the link below:
- NOTE; PRACTICE ON STATISTICAL STUDIES IS ASSIGNED TO YOU ON KHAN ACADEMY NO LINK REQUIRED
Day 1 – May 11
Simplifying Rational Expressions (A.SSE.A.1) (p. S.91)
Day 2- May 12
Day 3- May 13
Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
Desmos: Perpendicular Lines (G.GPE.B.3)
Desmos: Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
Day 4- May 14
Desmos: The Equation of a Circle (G.GPE.A.1)
Desmos: Equations of Circles (G.GPE.A.1)
Day 5- May 15
Graphing Trig Functions
Desmos: Trigonometric Graphing