October 16, 2019
"Battle of the Boro" Week
Report Cards Go Home on Thursday, Oct. 17th
- REPORT CARDS WILL GO HOME TOMORROW, Oct. 17th
- University of Alabama will have a campus visit tomorrow during PAT in the Lecture Room.
- Congratulations to this week's winners! Chick Fil A Students of the Week:Naomi Summey 9th grade and Tyler Baxley 10th
- Chick Fil A Big Lick of the Week: Kody Sparks, 12th grade
- Congratulations to Mr. Huffman’s 3rd period class for being the Hungry Howie’s Class of the month for September.
- The PSAT will be given on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. This is the practice SAT and the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
- Tennessee offers Governor's School in the summer for talented students in eleven disciplines: Agricultural Sciences; Arts: Business, Innovation & Technology; Computational Physics; Emerging Technologies; Humanities; Integration of Biological & Statistical Sciences; International Studies; Prospective Teachers; Sciences & Engineering; and Scientific Exploration of Tennessee Heritage. Sophomores and juniors who excel in any of these areas are encouraged to apply. Attending Governor's School is one way to qualify for a diploma with distinction. Applications are available on the OHS website. Minimum GPA is 3.0. Some schools require as a 3.5 to qualify. Completed applications must be returned to your counselor by Friday, November 15. Please adhere to the OHS deadline and not the postmark deadline on the applications.
- Beta Club New Member Induction will be on Oct. 17th during PAT in the Auditorium.
- Seniors, it is that time of year to start nominating themes for prom! Let your ideas be heard! All Seniors will have a form sent to their student email in which you all can nominate the theme you would like to see for prom 2020! You will have until October 23rd to nominate a theme.
- Underclassmen pictures retakes will be Oct. 18th. Please Mrs. Snow for details
- Jostens will be taking ring orders on Wednesday, Oct. 23, during all 4 lunches AND after school 3:00 – 6:00 PM
- To All students who come to the main office and REQUEST a SF1010 form for obtaining a driver's permit .... IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COME TO THE OFFICE AND PICK IT UP. The forms are only good for 30 days.
- FREE FOOD!!! – Join us for a tailgate on Friday, 10/18 before the Riverdale/OHS football game! Encounter High School Ministry from the Experience Community Church will be giving away free hot dogs and prizes starting at 5:30 PM in the main parking lot. Follow @encountercc for more details.
- Beginning Wednesday, October 2nd, there will be a new student orientationeach Wednesday during PAT in the library computer lab. New students will learn how to log into a computer, check grades, and other important information about OHS.
- Mark your Calendar for the Fall Marching Band competitions:
Saturday, October 19 - Music City Invitational @ McGavock HS
Saturday, October 26 - Mid-South Marching Invitational @ APSU
Saturday, November 2 - Contest of Champions @ MTSU
- Boys Basketball Parent Meeting will be tonight at 5:00 PM in the Main Cafeteria.
- Boys’ Bowling has a match against LaVergne at 4:00 PM, LTA
- Girls’ Bowling has a match against Central ND at 4:00 PM, LTA
- Good Luck to the Boys’ Golf Team - Garrett Chumley, Jake Garland, Dalton Gray, Stephen Micalizzi, Carter Stephens, and Girl’s Golfer - Emma Clonan
- BATTLE OF THE BORO – Football hosts Riverdale this Friday for the annual Battle of the Boro starting at 7:00 PM.Sports Fest will be Oct. 22nd at 6:00 PM. There will be a Silent Auction and BBQ dinner. Tickets are $20 apiece.
- Get the Latest Updates From Your OHS Counselors! Text 81010 to the following to receive info from Guidance right on your phone.
- Keep up with all the latest events by following on twitter @ OHSStudentCounc
- The front office will not accept any fast food deliveries by stores or parents for students.
- Students cannot bring any fast food to school. Download our App in the App Store, Oakland High School. You will be able to access much information about the school and activities coming up.